April 23, 2018, 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
Oregon State University, Horizon Room, Memorial Union
2501 SW Jefferson Way, Corvallis, OR 97331
Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/AbR0yYhwkzOKSBpJ2
Register now for a one-day statewide conference and join a discipline-specific conversation about open composition resources. Faculty and graduate students who teach writing-intensive courses at Oregon’s 2-year, 4-year, public, and private institutions are invited. We will focus on open resources as a means to more equitable and inclusive instruction.
Please consider submitting a proposal for presentation by March 7. We will notify presenters by March 14. More information on proposals.
Why open resources?
- Student savings: while materials costs for writing courses are generally low, the courses are so highly enrolled that the potential savings for students is great.
- Customization: materials with an open license can be revised and shared to your heart’s content without violating copyright law, which puts the curriculum back in the faculty’s hands.
- Pedagogy: open licenses enable innovative assessments that encourage students to participate in real-world writing scenarios and contribute culturally relevant content to the course materials.
When you leave the conference we hope that you will:
- Have 2 new colleagues to support you as you begin or continue with OER
- Share new ideas with colleagues who didn’t attend
- Use material in your class that you remixed, found, or wrote today
- Understand different ways to integrate open into your course along a spectrum of intensity
Registration for Oregon public community college and university participants includes travel reimbursement and overnight accommodation. Part-time faculty at Oregon public community colleges and universities are eligible for stipends for attendance and supplemental childcare.
Parking at OSU: All campus parking lots are pay lots from 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Visitor parking permits are available from automated pay station kiosks in the lots, or by purchasing and printing a daily parking permit online prior to arriving on campus. For more information visit OSU Parking Services.