Saturday, April 28, 2018, 2:00 pm – 8 pm (Meeting until 6, then stick around to socialize)
Inn at Spanish Head
4009 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City, OR 97367
Registration link: https://goo.gl/forms/zxFgBkhgF50M0vN02
Register now for a statewide OER Gathering following this year’s ORMATYC conference. What is an OER Gathering? Join your colleagues and Open Oregon Educational Resources in a discipline-specific conversation and problem-solving session about open math resources. Faculty and graduate students who teach math-intensive courses at Oregon’s 2-year, 4-year, public, and private institutions are invited. Dinner will be served.
You don’t need to attend ORMATYC in order to register for the OER Gathering, but we encourage you to do so: ORMATYC Conference Registration!
Please consider submitting a proposal related to OER or textbook affordability for presentation at ORMATYC by February 28. More information on ORMATYC proposals.
Why open resources?
- Student savings: math courses are so highly enrolled that the potential savings for students is great.
- Customization: materials with an open license can be revised and shared to your heart’s content without violating copyright law, which puts the curriculum back in the faculty’s hands.
- Pedagogy: open licenses enable innovative assessments that encourage students to participate in real-world problem-solving and contribute culturally relevant content to the course materials.
When you leave the conference we hope that you will:
- Have 2 new colleagues to support you as you begin or continue with OER
- Share new ideas with colleagues who didn’t attend
- Use material in your class that you remixed, found, or wrote today
- Understand different ways to integrate open into your course along a spectrum of intensity
Registration for Oregon public community college and university participants includes travel reimbursement and overnight accommodation on Saturday night. Part-time faculty at Oregon public community colleges and universities are eligible for a $150 stipend for attendance and a supplemental childcare stipend of $100.