High quality, low-cost learning materials will be thoughtfully integrated into teaching and learning in Oregon’s higher ed.
How will we know we’ve succeeded? Metrics such as…
- Open Oregon Educational Resources provides tools and resources to make equity, diversity, and inclusion primary considerations when faculty adopt course materials.
- Open Oregon Educational Resources advocates for well-staffed units such as accessibility services, library, bookstore, and instructional design supporting faculty to adopt, adapt, and create shared resources.
- Open Oregon Educational Resources has data and stories to demonstrate the value of course materials relating to student savings, student success metrics, and student engagement in content creation.
- Open Oregon Educational Resources is a clearinghouse for information about student choices being consistently communicated across platforms, and adding up to fully affordable pathways.
- Open Oregon Educational Resources makes compensation and recognition available for faculty to affirm academic freedom by developing their own open materials and designing their own curricula.
- Open Oregon Educational Resources consults with institutions to reimagine campus stores as essential student services rather than for-profit enterprises.