This message is for all Oregonians!
HB 2214 is a bill to fund affordable textbooks and open education in Oregon’s colleges and universities. Will you please help let our legislators know how important this issue is?
- If you are represented by a member of the Joint Ways & Means Committee, or the Education Subcommittee of the Joint Ways & Means Committee, write to your own legislators, AND…
- Senator Frederick and Representative McLain, co-chairs of the Education Subcommittee of the Joint Ways & Means Committee, need to hear from EVERYONE who supports this use of public funds.
A sample message is below. Feel free to customize, make a phone call, or schedule an in-person visit instead.
- Senator Frederick: Sen.LewFrederick@
oregonlegislature.gov or 503-986-1722
- Representative McLain: rep.susanmclain@
oregonlegislature.gov or 503-986-1429
- Education Subcommittee of the Joint Ways & Means Committee
- Joint Committee On Ways and Means
- Who Represents Me In Oregon?
Dear Senator Frederick and Representative McLain,
The high cost of textbooks is a barrier to Oregon students completing their college or university degree. HB 2214 continues to fund textbook affordability and open education in Oregon through a program that has a track record of helping students save millions of dollars on textbooks.
Whether we keep funding at current levels, grow the program, or dream big, the funding should be part of CSL so that we know that this important work can continue past 2021. I support growing the program as outlined in the budget model: https://tinyurl.com/hb2214.