Open Oregon Educational Resources provides a supportive environment in which to learn about open education. This community values equity, fairness, accessibility, empathy, and thoughtfulness. All community members are expected to exercise consideration and respect in speech and actions, which may look like…
- Use welcoming and inclusive language.
- Hold your opinions with humility.
- Use “I” statements to speak from your own experiences.
- Ask before sharing someone else’s story or comment.
- Make space, take space: if you speak a lot, let others speak; if you haven’t spoken up, try to contribute.
- Remember that it may not be possible to maintain confidentiality in an online environment.
- If you overhear or observe language or or action that expresses, reinforces, upholds or sympathizes with any form of systemic social domination, please consider interrupting. Suggested wording for “calling out” and “calling in”: Interrupting Bias: Calling Out vs. Calling In.
If you have questions, comments, or suggestions regarding these guidelines, or need to report a community guideline violation, please contact Amy Hofer at https://openoregon.org/contact/.
This statement was adapted with permission from Guidelines for Respectful GSA Spaces by GLSEN.