The target audience for the FAQ is faculty who want to learn more about finding, using, or creating OER; they may be able to answer their own questions with the FAQ, or they may realize that they need more help and find local or statewide contact info on the site. Each content page has a unique url, so librarians can copy/paste or link out to specific information when answering frequently asked questions.
- Are there exceptions to copyright or fair use during the coronavirus crisis?
- How to request permission to use copyrighted work
- What do students think about textbook costs?
- State and Federal Policy
- Link to faculty testimonials added to Why use OER?
- Student-centered course material adoption best practice checklists added to Provide student access to content
- Curated lists of OER by subject, and OER search engines, added to Repositories to search for open content
- Image repositories prioritizing racial and gender diversity added to Open images
- Links checked; minor edits improve readability
Thank you Dawn Lowe-Wincentsen, Oregon Institute of Technology, and Michaela Willi Hooper, Linn-Benton Community College, for contributing to the OER FAQ refresh!