Join Alex Jordan, Instructor of Mathematics, Portland Community College, and Rob Beezer, Professor, University of Puget Sound, as they discuss their work on developing interactive online math textbooks and the underlying code that supports this very accessible and flexible functionality. This webinar is for potential authors interested in turning their lecture notes into textbooks AND for math instructors looking for existing open textbooks that will save money for students without losing any of the bells and whistles that come with a traditional book.
For examples of Alex and Rob’s textbooks, visit Portland Community College MTH 251 Lab Manual and A First Course in Linear Algebra.
Other links referenced in this session:
- Integrating WeBWorK into Textbooks: Sample Exercises
- PCC’s WeBWorK (use guest login button)
- American Institute of Mathematics Open Textbook Initiative
- Abstract Algebra: Theory and Applications by Thomas W. Judson
- Beezer’s Linear Algebra (prototype)
- Beezer’s Linear Algebra (Mark II, MBX, in-progress)
- MathBook XML