Are you an instructor who wants nuts-and-bolts help creating or adapting open educational resources (OER)?
Register for a workshop taking place November 13, 2023, 12-1 Pacific to get started. It is designed for course instructors at any level of familiarity with OER – beginners are welcome and there are no prerequisites. After the workshop, you’ll receive a stipend if you practice modifying or creating OER and send us a link to your work.
About the workshop
- Attend the 1-hour Modifying and Creating OER Workshop in order to be introduced to copyright, open licenses, tools/platforms, and EDI concepts in the context of modifying and creating OER – in other words, the nuts and bolts of how to creatively leverage open licenses to tailor your course materials.
- After the workshop, participants receive a recording, slide deck with links to more info, invites to join optional co-working time slots, and a time-limited invitation to practice modifying or creating OER for a $300 stipend.
- Participants who opt to practice modifying or creating OER for a stipend submit an openly licensed work sample that will be uploaded to a folder in OER Commons. The folder is a showcase of “small-batch innovation” examples.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- You must register to attend the virtual workshop in advance and log into Zoom using a name that is recognizable from your registration.
- If you anticipate needing significant support to implement your idea, contact your local OER point person to learn more about what may be available to you.
- The workshop slides and recording will be sent to participants after the session.
- The openly licensed work sample deadline is December 22.